Here we want to show you how to change the preferences when you use Agisoft Photoscan the first time on a computer. Then we look quick at the Menu items that we use the most often.
The first time we open the program
it has a grey background. I prefer white,
I pressed select and choose white
- OpenCL. And you select the OpenCL devices that you have ... that will depend on your computer. Check them all
- Updates and have the
- model view by default.
The main Items we are using are:
From Left to Right at the top Menu:
- Save as V_1234 in V_1234-Photogrammetry
- Export Model
- Gradual Selection
- Show / Hide Items
- Show Region
- Show Trackball
- The Professional version has more choices.
- Align Photos, Build Dense Cloud etc
- Merge Chunks
- Batch Process
- Import - Masks, - Texture
- Export - Texture
- Mesh: - Decimate - Close Holes
Menu items under Workspace.
- You have to add a Chunk to see them:
Click on Chunk
- Add Photos go to folder V_1234_Photos,
Click one, Ctrl A selects all, import.
- Remove Chunks
- Duplicate -- if you want to try something else
- Remove - Masks etc
- Rename -- each chunk with a meaningful name: Flip, Flop, 50'000, High, Low
- Show Info
Right Click: Add Chunk ... Add Photos
- We usually start just with one chunk do quality control on the photos and then reorganize them into different chunks. If we have more than one chunk, we rename then with a meaningful name
- Save frequently... once in a while you are trying something that is not going to work and everything gets stuck and you have to terminate the program by force (Ctrl-Alt-Delete go into Task Manager (the bottom choice) then under processes "End Task".
Here we showed you how to select the preferences and shown you the most often used Menu Items.
Jon, Charlie, Hugh, Corey and I use photogrammetry to make 3 D models of fossils. We try to demonstrate in a few tutorials how to use Photoscan from Agisoft. We learned how to use Photoscan at the SVP meeting in LA in 2013 from Neffra Matthews and Brent Breithaupt.
That's it for today
Let us know what you think.
- Agisoft PhotoScan www.agisoft.com/
You can get a fully functional 30 day trial version.
- Ctrl-Alt-Del: Windows Task Manager
- SVP Meeting 2013, LA
Photogrammetry: Digital Data Collection in the Lab and Field
(Neffra Matthews and Brent H. Breithaupt )
- Jon is our spokesperson, he has given several presentations
including at the Zzyzx Desert Symposiums in 2014, see the abstract in: